OhLook's four Masterclasses (Soph, Jr., Sr., OCO) are the "cream of the crop" of OhLook and the DFW area in terms of both talent and character. Besides the high-quality training, these students receive special performance opportunities and perks throughout the year. As leaders of OhLook, Masterclass students are called upon to help out with OhLook Productions, both as performers and behind the scenes. The OhLook Masterclasses have received numerous State and National Awards and invitations, many of which are displayed in the OhLook lobby.
In the fall, all groups focus on skills and repertoire development, plus Jr., Sr., and OCO prepare for the MTI Junior Theater Festival in Atlanta, GA. In the spring, each Masterclass prepares a minimum of one production for the community. The costs for these productions are included in the Masterclass tuition.
Jr., Sr., and OCO Masterclasses will be travelling to Atlanta, January 12 - 15, 2018, to attend the iTheatrics Junior Theater Festival.
Guidelines to be Considered for Masterclass
To be considered for Masterclass you must attend our Fall auditions, Aug. 31, Sept. 1 & 2.
Please prepare, 2 contrasting songs, 16-32 bars each and a 1 minute monologue.
Email Jill Lord if you have questions - auditions can be scheduled through our Audition Page.
1. Masterclass students must be enrolled in some type of dance class at least an hour a week, either at Ohlook or at another dance studio.
2. Masterclass class time will include rehearsals, training and music theory.
3. Only 2 absences allowed during each semester (this does not include outside JTF rehearsals)
4. Each student is expected to accomplish 6 volunteer hours at the theater per semester. This could be passing out programs at a production, helping with a production, cleaning up, taking out the trash, organizing, etc… (there will be a sign up sheet in the office)
5. Any outside training or auditions must be cleared by the masterclass director.
6. Expected to attend any and all extra workshops specifically scheduled for masterclass students.
7. Students ages 12 and older need to be enrolled in private voice lessons. (I’m not sure I will be taking on any new students this semester but i can recommend someone if you do not already have a teacher)
8. Masterclass families are expected to promote, advocate, and support Ohlook through social media, attending performances, word of mouth, etc…